Do You Need A Structural Engineer?

Although structural engineers are not usually brought on board by the homeowner, sometimes it is worth finding out what issues exist before proceeding.

This would only occur if you were planning to remove bearing walls or make any changes to rafters or floor joists.

Most engineering firms can be hired on a consultant basis to come out and assess the work.

They would then send a written report in which you may hand over to either the architect, contractor or design build firm.

But if you have already retained the services of another professional, then they can advise if an engineering firm is required. They may also be able to provide a referral and secure the proper stamped documents usually required by the local building department for structural changes.

Return from Structural Engineer to Professional Help